In the past few years, CBD oil has made its dent in the market, not only in the United States but all around the world. It has become a very popular alternative that people are using to help alleviate symptoms associated with mild aches and pains to severe diagnoses such as cancer. So, what exactly is CBD oil and why are so many people hyped about it?
What it is-
CBD oil is one of the most prominent of all 113 active cannabinoids derived from a cannabis plant. The other most popular cannabinoid is THC, which is the compound that makes people feel “high.” People get these two confused often, and it is most important to realize that the CBD compound doesn’t make you feel the effect that THC does. In fact, you can find CBD oil legally in almost every natural grocery store in every state. The oil is extracted from the plant and brought into oil form, which most people take orally every day like any other vitamin or supplement.
How CBD Oil Works-
You may not know that your body actually already produces cannabinoids, known as the CB2 and CB1 receptors. When you ingest CBD oil, the compound attaches itself to both receptors and you reap the benefits. CB2 receptors control major immune system functions that alleviate pain and inflammation, and CB1 receptors affects the brain and functions that help psychological and neurological disorders. It used to be thought that CBD would only affect the pain and inflammation receptors, but recent studies have shown that CBD attaches itself to both receptors to help with both pain and psychological issues.
5 Amazing Benefits CBD Oil Offers
Controversial to you or not, CBD oil is here to stay and continue to make an impact on modern medicine and it will purpose as a great natural remedy for many illnesses- both mental and physical. CBD oil has huge benefits such as:
- Quitting smoking/drug withdrawal: Most drug withdrawals have very uncomfortable symptoms such as mood changes, irritability, anxiety/panic attacks, insomnia, and general feelings of being sick. CBD oil has been used to alleviate these side effects and has evidence-based proof that people who experience withdrawal have had these serious symptoms greatly reduced with the use of the oil. People also noted that CBD oil got rid of almost all cravings for nicotine in cases of people who were quitting cigarette use.
- Anti-inflammatory and natural pain relief: On of the most popular uses of CBD oil has been to help alleviate minor aches and pains as well as people who suffer with diseases that cause chronic pain such as fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis. The Journal of Experimental Medicine recently did a study that noted both inflammation and pain was relieved on both mice and rats. Like previously stated, the CBD attaches itself to CB2 receptors in the body, which helps the immune system function better and reduce inflammation.
- Epilepsy & anxiety disorders: CBD oil has received a lot of attention for its use against seizures. In a high potency which can still be bought at regular stores, you can find online almost anywhere people receiving CBD oil to stop seizures right in their tracks and prevent further activity. In a recent study, it was found that at least 1 in 4 people will have an anxiety disorder at some point during their lifetime. Many people have started using CBD oil as a daily supplement to ease symptoms of simple anxiety problems to panic attacks and panic disorder. During research, the compound was found to have similar properties of antipsychotic drugs and can even help people who suffer with schizophrenia.
- Type 1 diabetes: In recent studies, scientists have discovered that the CBD cannabinoid may decrease inflammation in the pancreas for people who are diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. This finding has lead people to believe that CBD may be a future prescribed diabetes treatment.
- Fighting cancer: Yes, CBD oil is even used by cancer patients and many people swear it helped them become cancer-free. Both CBD and THC have been used in treating cancer, and for this reason, many patients are even prescribed medical marijuana. The British Journal of Clinical Pharmacy discovered that CBD can not only aide in blocking cancer cells from spreading to other parts of the body, but it can even support in eliminating cancer cells entirely.
Disclaimer: Don’t use CBD oil as a sole medicine alternative if you have a serious mental illness or physical disease that requires medical attention, and always consult your physician before using CBD oil if you are being treated for a mental illness.
CBD oil is finding a way into people’s lives every day, and new uses and benefits are being discovered as science progresses. This is not a fad- it is a scientifically proven remedy for many ailments and should be taken responsibly.